I am currently a Research associate at the NASA Astrobiology Institute and Department of Earth and Space Science at the University of Washington, Seattle USA. I am working on high pressure ice polymorphs, salts-organics-water crystalline solids and aqueous solution thermodynamical properties at conditions relevant for deep planetary oceans.
This work is done at Prof. J. M. Brown Lab at the ESS and with Dr. S. Vance at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
I am a member of the NAI Habitability of Hydrocarbon Worlds: Titan and Beyond and Icy Worlds projects
My previous postdoc was at the Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Geophysique de l’Environement (Grenoble, France) working on the rheological properties of polycrystalline ice Ih. This study was conducted in the frame of the DREAM ANR-funded project under the supervision of Dr. Maurine Montagnat.
- August 2019:
- Awarded beamtime at 16-ID-B APS
- Invited Seminar at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore California
- June 2019: Convener and speaker at AbSciCon 2019 in Seattle, WA.
- April 2019:
- New first author publication accepted and in highlights in The Cryosphere : Recrystallization processes, microstructure and CPO evolution in polycrystalline ice during high temperature simple shear.
- Invited Seminar at the University of Washington, Seattle, Department of Earth & Space Science.
- May 27th 2019 : New paper out in The Cryosphere : Recrystallization processes, microstructure and crystallographic preferred orientation evolution in polycrystalline ice during high-temperature simple shear
- March 25th 2019: Invited Seminar at the Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- Jan 24th 2019: Invited Seminar at the NAI Titan team in-person meeting, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, USA
- Dec 2018:
- Convener on AGU Session MR21 “Planetary Interiors: The role of volatile elements and assessing habitability”
- Oral presentation in MR13 session (Monday 10th at 14:55)
- Nov 2018:
- Synchrotron experimental time at ID15B at the ESRF (Nov 26th – Dec 2nd), Grenoble, France
- Invited seminar : ESRF-BSD Extreme Conditions Topical Bridge seminar, European Synchrotron Radiation Facility Grenoble, France, November 2018.
- Invited seminar : Sorbonne University, IMPMC/LULI labs seminars, Paris, France, November 2018.
- Invited seminar : University of Paris-Saclay, Department of Geosciences and Astrophysics, Orsay, France, November 2018.
- Oct 2018 : New first author paper under review in The Cryosphere
- August 2018 : Planetary Science Summer Seminar, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena
- June 2018 :
- WaterX workshop in Sardinia
- ExoOceans workshop in Bern
- Paper accpeted in Carbonic acid monohydrate accepted in American Mineralogist
- Feb 2018 : Synchrotron experiment @ ESRF, Grenoble, France
- Jan 2018
- 15th : Invited seminar at ELSI
- ELSI 6th International Symposium
- Nov 2017 : New paper accepted in Phys. Rev. Lett. : SiO2 glass density to lower-mantle pressures.
- Oct 2017 : NASA Solar System Working proposal funded.
- Oct 9th, 2017 : Invited seminar at NASA/JPL Icy worlds team .
- Sep 27th, 2017 : Invited seminar at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- May 2017 – New paper published in Earth and Planetary Science Letters : Non-basal dislocations should be accounted for in simulating ice mass flow.
- April 2017 : ”Salt partitioning between water and high-pressure ices. Implication for the dynamics and habitability of icy moons and water-rich planetary bodies” published in Earth and Planetary Science Letters.